Monday, August 18, 2014

Q & A!

Over the past two weeks, a bunch of you commented, tweeted and emailed me questions! I'm actually shocked at how many I got :). I received this idea from another blogger - Hot Mess in High Heels. Go check out her blog if you haven't yet, shes effing hilarious.

Alright, let the TMI-ing begin...

Is this blog based on your real life? 
That's tough to answer. As I've said before, this is a fictional blog so I am not Dani Fitzgerald. However, our jobs, friends, and the things that happen to her are largely based on me, my friends and my own experiences. 

What is your real name, age, and your real job?
Sorry, I'd love to give you my real name but I feel like it takes away from the voice of Dani! I just turned 25 (which seems SO FREAKING OLD). As for my job, I am also in a PR and social media role, just like Dani. 


What is your dream job?
Well, right now I'm just working on how to decrease the degrees of separation between Adam Levine and I (full time job). Once that is over, I'd love to be a published author. But that will take a lot of hard work, and some genius-ass manuscript. 

Where did you go to school? 
WE ARE! I went to PSU, and I totally drank the kool aid. I'm one of the obnoxious types that walks around thinking that Penn State is superior to all other schools (sorry I'm not sorry). While there, I studied Journalism and Business. 

How similar are you to Dani?
Very. I went into this wanting her to be different from me, but as I grew closer to the character (I know, I sound like a douche, but it totally happens) I realized we have the same habits, sense of humor and life goals. Also, the way I describe her physically is very similar to what I look like. Basically, I cloned myself but with a better sex life..

Are you single?
I am not single, but that is a recent development. 

But Adam Levine, if you're reading this.. I'm single baby.

Have you ever been in a long distance relationship or moved for a relationship?  
I have never moved for someone..yet. I would only do it if there was a 2 carat ring or an incredible job offer in his city involved. But I'm currently in a long distance relationship, and similar to the blog once more it's between Philly and NYC. (PSA: long distance blows) 

When do you write? Do you do weeks at a time?
Nope, I never do more than 2 posts at a time, but I almost always write them the day before (or even that morning if I was busy). I like to come into work early and write, mainly because Starbucks gives me wings and no one comes into my office before 9 a.m. 

Do you know how you want Dani's story to end yet, or does the story evolve as you write? 
Love this question! I have a vague idea of how I want it to end - but currently I want to keep it going for at least another year. I typically daydream about how the posts will go, with a rough outline in my head about each week's posts. If I'm stumped, I will just sit down and start writing. I find that if I set a scene and go into it blindly, the post starts to write itself. Those usually turn out to be the best ones. 

So where did you get the inspiration for your story? 
Love, Sex, Pizza (or LSP for us groupies). I read it while it was hosted on Cosmo, then stuck with her when she moved to the self-hosted site. It was during her hiatus in March that I decided to start my own. The first post of my blog I had actually written months prior just because I had the vision of being on the street and running into an ex. I stumbled across it in my files, and decided to tweak it a bit to use as the kick-off for this blog. 


Thanks for your questions guys! You can always ask me anything in the comments. Also, i'd love to hear any feedback (positive or negative) on the blog. Whether it's just the days/times I post, the writing style, too slow or too fast of a pace, anything. Feedback is so welcome.

Just FYI, if a post is ever running late, you can find me announcing that type of stuff on twitter (@Trag20Something). 

Annnd as a side note, I love when you guys post your theories in the comments. Often they're even better than what I actually have planned! Keep it up, you savvy readers you. <3

p.s. I'm always looking for blogs to read, so keep sending me yours! 

12 comments:

  1. thanks for the shoutout giiirl. keep dani going forever. love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!! I just found it last week and read it from beginning to current in 2 days. (Would have been just 1 day had pesky life not gotten in the way lol.) The only thing i wish is that the posts were longer. In the beginning they seemed to be longer compared to the more recent ones.. but maybe thats just me lol. Anyway.. love it!! I look forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Love to hear about new readers. And yes, the posts tend to vary in length (usually for no other reason than time crunch), but when there have been too many short ones is typically when I try to give you guys a bonus. But I'll work on length!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! Long time reader, first time poster. This is one of my favourite blogs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was awesome! I found so many similarities in how we would answer the questions, ei, how different is the character from you? how often do you write/how do you write (also come in work early to do it sometimes), etc. It made me feel it's ok that I don't have everything written up and thought out a month beforehand :)
    Blogger love :)
    Sandy
    www.poetsandheartbreakers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I found out once that the author of a blog I read outlines everything months in advance! I think it's completely personal preference.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy reading your blog posts! I myself just started blogging earlier this year and was inspired by other bloggers. I had always had a thing for writing short stories, in school a lot of my teachers told me it was one of my strengths. I half wish I had gone to school to pursue more but it is such a tough market and I didn't have the confidence to do it.
    I, like you, tend to write on a whim. I don't really like outlining, sometimes the best stories come when you just start writing. However sometimes I forget what I had written earlier and my readers end up catching it and I am so thankful for that.
    I can only hope I get the following that many other bloggers have!
    Keep up the amazing work!

    http://isabellasweetlove.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your blog tonight! Love finding new ones.

      As for forgetting what you had written - oh my god, I do it too. Not so much anymore but ALL the time in the beginning! I'd get comments with the corrections, which I actually loved because that meant they were paying attention. I've gotten much better at it as the story developed and I'm sure you will too.

      Delete
  6. I love your blog and have finally caught up. You have an amazing writing style and it's truly addictive. Like you, I was also inspired by LSP. I started out with a purely fictional blog but I'm finding as I progress my character is becoming more like me personality wise!!! My friends think I'm nuts when I say she's part of me now...lol. I was away from my blog for the past month but wrote posts in advance, getting back into the swing of things is a bit more challenging than I envisioned. Anyway I just wanted to say you're doing an amazing job with your blog and I'm a huge fan!!!

    http://crazyadventuresinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is your real name, age, and your real job?
    Sorry, I'd love to give you my real name but I feel like it takes away from the voice of Dani! I just turned 25 (which seems SO FREAKING OLD).

    WATCH What you say!!!! I'm sure I'm not the only reader you have that is a lot older than you ;)

    ReplyDelete