Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bracelets

** First off, thank you for being so nice about the late post. Secondly, it's kind of short and I'm sorry! But I promise to post on Tuesday (and Wednesday like usual). Just was a crazy week and weekend. Hope you're all watching the VMAs tonight too! #TayTayforPresident**

I tiptoed around Ash the next two days, never knowing when or if she was going to finally lose it about Steve. But alas, she acted completely and utterly normal. I thought that I was going to end up being the one to explode, being on edge for two full days was really taking a toll on my sanity.

Needless to say, I was definitely ready for Dylan to visit by Friday. I hustled out of work early, finishing up a few emails and tweets while I walked to the subway. I wanted to get home in time to shower and spruce up the house before his train got in.

At home, I breezed through the rooms throwing out stray trash and piling up our massive accumulation of girly-ass magazines on the coffee table, throwing TIME on top in an effort to make me look a little bit well read. I placed the sunflowers I had grabbed on the way home in a vase on the counter before hopping in the shower to shave myself from head to toe. When I stepped out of the shower, I lathered my whole body in coconut-scented lotion. Even though long distance felt unbearable at times, there was definitely something to be said for the excitement I felt before every visit. It was like having Christmas come twice a month. 

I was midway through blow drying my hair when I heard the buzzer sound. Confused, I checked my phone which had been sitting quietly on the dresser. His train wasn't due in for another five minutes, plus he would have had to come all the way down to the West Village, adding at least another 15. I wrapped my massive blue towel around my still naked body and tip toed out into the living room. 

"Hello?" I asked tentatively, holding down the buzzer.

"Hey babe," I heard his rough voice on the other end, and it gave flight to the butterflies in my stomach knowing he was just feet away.

"Dylan? You're early.."

He laughed before answering, "I caught an earlier train. Want to let me in?"

I immediately held down the door open button and unlocked the front door. He turned the corner and a huge grin broke across his face. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair. 

"You didn't have to get so dressed up for me," he said, taking in my towel and nothing else.

"I just couldn't find shoes to match," I said, pulling apart to kiss him. I felt his hand reach up under the towel and I intertwined my fingers in his hair.

"Is Ash home?" he asked breathlessly, his hand inching up higher on my leg.

"No, she won't be home until tomorrow," I replied, pressing myself into him. Ash had left for DC that morning for a conference and wasn't coming back until Saturday morning.

He shrugged, dropping his weekend bag on the floor. "I have a present for you," he said, pulling away.

"Is it your penis?" I smiled. 

He threw his head back in laughter. "No! God." 

Bending down, he dug around in his bag before pulling out a tiny box. 

I took it from him and looked between him and the gift. "What is this for?" 

"Well the other day I kept thinking about how badly I missed you. So I wanted to get you something so that you think of me, even if it's only half as much as I think about you." 

You know how sometimes girls just "can't even"? I couldn't. even. WHO is this man and where did he come from? I gingerly opened the box to find the most perfect bracelet I had ever laid eyes on. Laying in the blue velvet box was a delicate braided gold chain, a single gold feather dangling from the middle. 

"I love it," I said, reaching in to grab the bracelet and draping it across my wrist. He reached over and wordlessly clasped it for me. "Thank you." I reached up, wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's perfect."

He took his face in my hands and pushed me up against the living room wall. Reaching up, he undid the knot I had twisted to keep my towel up in one swift motion. It dropped to the floor and his hand was between my legs in an instant while his mouth traced the line from my collar bone up to my neck. I leaned into the wall, overcome with feelings for him. He was easy to talk to, gorgeous, bought me presents out of no where, smart, witty and on top of all that, gave me unbelievable orgasms. Seriously.. was this a prank? I tried to squash the overwhelming feeling I had that sooner or later, he was going to disappear from my life just as quickly as he had come into it.  

24 comments:

  1. I can't with Dylan either

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Also? I'm sad that you have to apologize for your late post. I love the blogs I read and I'm disappointed when they're late, because I want to find out what happens next, but as someone who blogs myself, I totally get the time and effort that is put into each post. I'd rather a late post that's good than a rushed one "on time". And even calling them "late" and "on time" is silly for something that you're doing for fun. Thanks for keeping us posted :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I'm actually pretty optimistic about this. I feel like maybe things are finally settling in for them. Either that, or shit's about to hit the fan! haha great update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like you're foreshadowing a terrible and heartbreaking ending for dani/dylan. Noooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, I honestly feel like the relationship between Dylan and Dani hasn't had a chance to go anywhere yet, so to that end, I hope it's not going to be torn apart yet. There does seem to be a great deal of that initial attraction but I would love to see where it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just as expectant as everyone else here. I hope Dylan and Dani have a proper chance and that it doesn't go badly (pretty please!)

    www.poetsandheartbreakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please please please let them see where things go and don't let nick or his ex come between them!!! I love them together and really think they have potential!!! I'll be so torn if they end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel bad for those who think he's just covering for doing something wrong you must have had bad experiences with men :/ he could just really be falling for her. Plenty of men put there player ways behind them if they find someone they are truly interest in and Dylan and dani are that couple! I for one hope so!! Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  9. When can we expect the bonus? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The problem with promises....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't you say you'd post a bonus on Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weren't you suppose to post today.?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much for getting our bonus. I really liked this blog because you were consistent. This has been multiple times now that you've blown us off in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday (Tuesday) was the only time I blew you off without warning, and it was because of food poisoning. I'm working on the post for today now! Listen I don't get paid to do this and it's a very busy time in my life right now, I'm doing my best. If that isn't good enough you don't have to read this blog. I love the readers and I feel awful when I can't post, which is why I try to always make sure it gets done. Ya just gotta know life gets in the way sometimes! Writing the posts is much more time consuming than you'd think :)

      Delete
    2. Hope you feel better! Please don't stop posting - I'll take it whenever it comes!

      Delete
  14. Without even a heads up. Last week you lashed out at a reader and then promised a bonus to make up for the short post. We didn't ask for a post on Tuesday, you promised that. The least you could've done was provide an update. We would've understood. I have a feeling we won't even get a post on Friday with labor day weekend starting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stop whining. The girl has a life aside from this blog. Maybe you all should try and get one as well. Dani you're doing an awesome job. Post when you damn well feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. People need to get a life it's a blog! Maybe something came up in her actual life and she couldn't come threw. Grow up people

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah I'm really confused by what people think will come out of complaining. She doesn't have to post its something she does on the side, so if you keep complaining it won't be a fun activity for her and the blog will go away. Personally, I really don't want to see that happen.

    Dani - thanks for all of the great posts! I love this blog and can't wait to read more. When I first started reading I lived on 53 and 9th so I loved the references. Now I have moved as well but still a big fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's complaining more than frustration. Don't make promises you can't keep. And if you can't keep them at least tell us. We shouldn't have to silence our thoughts because of fear that the blogger will stop posting. Kissing up to a blogger or agreeing with everything stunts their growth. If you only get positive feedback there's no room for improvement. It's like your friend promised to meet you at Starbucks. Her idea, not yours. You go and wait and no friend. You give her time to at least say something came up and nothing. Wouldn't you be annoyed?

      Delete
    2. She's not your friend. She doesn't owe you anything. No one's kissing up to her. She can post whenever the hell she wants. I don't know if you got the memo, but it is HER blog. If you're waiting all day for a post from a blogger, you my friend, have bigger problems on your hands. Get a hobby. Go knit or something dude.

      Delete
    3. Agreed totally. Actually, if you are so into reading blogs, maybe you should write one. 100% serious. You might like it.

      Also,in general, I don't want this to devolve into a comments section that Dani dreads reading because of conflict.

      I just want Dani to know she is appreciated and is doing a great job!

      Delete
  18. For something that's suppost to be fun some people are getting pretty upset over not having a post. Again it's a blog if you are that caught up in that your waiting around and upset when it doesn't get posted you need to get a life. She is probably very busy in REAL LIFE get over it. Shut up and stop complaining because I like many overs don't want this blog to end I'll take it when I can get it like many other normal health people on here who have lives. Like the poster before me said " go get a hobby."

    ReplyDelete
  19. You negative Nancy's taking this blog way too personally. You should really evaluate what's important in your lives. I'm sad for you.

    ReplyDelete