Friday, July 25, 2014

Brotherly Love - Part 2

**Sorry for the short post, will make up for it with a longer one next week! Have a great weekend**

When I walked out of the bathroom I felt sick to my stomach. She must be telling the truth, why else would she say that? If she wasn't with Dylan all night she would have had no way of knowing that he didn't call me back. She wouldn't risk such a bold lie, would she?

I returned to the table and tried to act as normal as possible, which was pretty impossible considering I was sandwiched between Kara and Dylan, i.e. the illicit lovers of Center City. Knowing it would require very little response from me, I asked Erica about their upcoming nuptials. She dove into details of floral arrangements, bridesmaid gowns and the stress of people with food allergies. I nodded along with feigned enthusiasm, doing my best to not over analyze what Kara had said to me. Dylan was not my boyfriend, I reasoned with myself. 

Finally, what felt like hours but was probably only 30 minutes, Dylan leaned over and placed his hand on my lower back. "Want to get out of here?" he asked.

I nodded slowly and said my goodbyes, promising to see Laura soon. 

We stepped out into the uncharacteristically cool evening and Dylan draped his arm casually around my shoulders. I fought the urge to shrug it off. 

"So that wasn't so bad, was it?" Dylan asked, looking down at me with a lazy smile. 

I raised my eyebrows at him, "For you maybe".

"What do you mean?" he asked, stopping in the street and turning my shoulders so that I was facing him.

"Dylan..." I started, not sure how to proceed. I didn't want to come off as crazy, but I was pretty fucking pissed.

"What?" he asked. "Were you just uncomfortable around Kara? Because I told you, that is over." 

I raised my eyebrows at him a second time. "Over as of 48 hours ago?" 

He looked at me, puzzled for a second. 

"Kara said something to me in the bathroom, about Wednesday night." I said, hoping he would interject before I'd have to recite what she had passed along.

His face drained of color, and the pit in my stomach turned into a full-blown black hole. She hadn't been lying.

"Look, I was hammered Wednesday and we all went back to her apartment after the bar, and I passed out there. That's all. What did she say?" 

His excuses were coming rapid fire, which made me doubt him even further. 

"Just that it 'meant nothing'," I said, using my fingers as air quotes.

"Me passing out in her bed? Because yeah, it meant nothing, since nothing happened," he stressed, pleading with his eyes. 

I wanted to believe him, badly. But I had known this guy all of a few weeks. 

"Okay," I said with a shrug, eager to stop the conversation. 

"No, not 'okay'," Dylan said, using the same air quotes I had just thrown at him. "You have to believe me."

"I don't have to do anything, considering either way, whether or not you hooked up with her, you did lie to me." 

"All I told you was that I fell asleep early, I didn't specify where," he said back.

"Seriously?" I said incredulously, this was a side of Dylan I was not enjoying. 

"I didn't want to upset you for no reason," he said more tenderly, stepping in closer to me. I was ashamed that not a single fiber in me wanted to push him away this time.

"Look, you're not my boyfriend, technically you can do whatever you want. But I can't deal with lying. Especially not when you throw me into a situation with Kara knowing full well you lied to me, and I had to find out through her snide bathroom remarks," I said. 

"You're right, I'm sorry," Dylan said, his hand finding the nape of my neck and rubbing in slow circles. "I promise not to lie ever again," he gave me a half smile.

"Okay," I said, returning the grin. He leaned down and kissed me, making my anger dissipate. He pushed me back two strides until my back was pressed against the brick of a building, raising my arms over my head and holding them there. His insistent mouth pressed against mine and I could feel how hard he was through the layers of clothing separating us. He pulled back and said forcefully "I need you," and I nodded, insanely turned on. 

Walking a short distance, he found an alleyway between two row homes that was completely obscured in darkness. Pushing me into it he lifted up my skirt and with one swift motion, was inside of me. Placing his hand over my mouth to cover the screams that were involuntarily coming out of me and lowering his face to my neck. I came almost instantly. 



7 comments:

  1. he's most likely lying but whatever. I would still fuck him too. #notsorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan reminds me of Richard from the love, sex, pizza blog. Using sex to try to cover stuff up? Hopefully he isn't just lying and being manipulative. Looking forward to finding out how this progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... I still think that what he did doesn't matter, since they aren't officially together, but he should have been honest if he wanted to be with her.

    New Beginning, New Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Dylan isn't lying I really like him a lot.. Can't wait to see what is going to come up next!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's sketchy that he went from "we crashed at her house" to "I passed out in her bed." What was he doing in her bedroom? That's just playing with fire. I really like him, I hope he's not one of those guys who needs attention from a million different girls to feel good about himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say he gets a one time pass. They're just figuring things out, but if he tries it again he is out on his ass. I want to like him, and I think they could be great together. I don't want to read about another girl that compromises herself for a hot guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope that by the end of the weekend they get some clarity in their relationship

    ReplyDelete