Friday, June 27, 2014

Beach House - Part 2

**Longer post today since I haven't given you guys a bonus in a while! So almost like two in one :) Have a great weekend, xoxo**

Seven - the number of times Dylan and I accidentally touched on our morning escapade for coffee and bagels. Not that I was counting, or noticing the electric feeling I got whenever he was within six inches of me, or anything. 

When we got back to the house most of the group was already awake, sleepily sipping on waters in the kitchen and rehashing funny stories from the night before. They greeted us like we were kings for bringing home breakfast, and I made sure to give Dylan all of the credit. After all, it had been his idea and he shelled out the $50 for all of the food. I loaded my plate with an everything bagel, veggie cream cheese and fruit and sat cross legged on the living room floor. Ash came over and sat next to me.

"You and Dylan got breakfast?" she asked suspiciously.

"Yes, he took your spot in the bed since you slept with someone else," I said, raising my eyebrows at her.

"I'll fill you in later," she whispered. I gave her a little shove with my shoulder before tucking into the food. Ash and I had forgotten dinner the night before - which probably had something to do with why I had gotten so uncharacteristically drunk. 


An hour later we were putting on bathing suits and gossiping in the bedroom. Apparently, Ash had slept with Ryan but she had no idea he was engaged. "Seriously? I feel awful. He didn't mention her once, and he wasn't even on his phone all night."

"Yes well, it's not typical fashion for someone to mention their betrothed when attempting to bone someone else," I quipped, pulling my black see-thru cover up over my head. It dipped low in the front, exposing the edges of my green bathing suit and cinched at the waist. Even though I wasn't necessarily planning to hook up with Dylan, didn't mean I couldn't look good for him..

"I'm going to hell," Ash said, slumping onto the floor. 

"I think you maybe were already going to hell for cheating on Steve," I joked. 

"Helpful." Ash retorted, pulling herself up to standing. "Okay, lets go." 


We spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach, alternating between napping, playing volleyball and wading into the freezing ocean. I gave up distancing myself from Dylan about an hour into the day. Him, shirtless, running around on the beach was like a god damn Abercrombie ad.

"I can't tell if I need these sunglasses because it's sunny, or because I need some layer between my eyes and Dylan's abs," Ash joked, pulling her sunglasses up and then back down.

"Seriously. Why does sweat look so bad on me, and so good on Dylan?" I replied.

"You two!" Laura giggled. "Cut it out." She tossed a handful of wet sand our way, causing us to get up and run. Soon, the others joined in and the whole group was engaged in a full-on sand war. I was attempting to use a chair as a shield when I felt a hand wrap around my waist, lifting me upwards. 

I squealed in response and turned to view the attacker, pleasantly surprised when I discovered it was Dylan. "We're taking refuge in the water!" He explained, smiling down at me with his rows of perfect teeth. Thank god I wasn't standing because I think my knees would have given out.

I felt the icy water on my calves first, and instinctively gripped him tighter. I saw him smile and I wasn't sure if it was due to my arms wrapped around him or just because he was having fun. "Ready?" he asked over the roar of the waves, his expressive eyes playful. 

I grinned in response and he leapt in the air, holding me securely around the waist until I felt the water envelop us. I jumped up, tossing my hair back and laughing. I felt like a kid again playing in the ocean, except this time with extremely dirty thoughts about my playmate. 

Once we were safely back on the beach, Dylan offered to reapply my sunscreen. Pulling my hair across one shoulder I faced away as I heard him open the cap and squeeze lotion out. My whole body felt on edge as I waited for the feel of his skin on mine. When he finally touched me, his whole palm moving down my back and under my bathing suit, my whole body shivered.

"Sorry are my hands cold?" he asked. 

I bit my lip, not wanting to give away the real reason my whole body had shook under his touch. "They're okay," I replied, rolling my eyes at my own inability to ignore how he made me feel.

A little while later, we all packed up and headed back to the house, tan and relaxed. We gorged on leftover bagels, fruit, cheese, chips and boxed wine on the porch. I reclined in my chair, full and happy. 

"Don't get too comfortable," Dylan said from across the table. "Happy Hour starts in 30." He winked at me again before taking a swig from his beer. The inside of me burned up, and it wasn't from the sun.

"In that case, we should get ready," Laura said, heaving herself up off the lounge chair. We hurried  inside to clean ourselves up from the day spent at the beach. My face was much tanner than it had been that morning, so I swiped on some mascara and let my hair stay long and loose around my shoulders. No one else was changing out of their suits, so I kept mine on and headed out the door.

We grabbed a seat inside the bar and ordered a round of beers. Dylan entertained the table with stories of his "little brother", who lived in Camden and apparently had dreams of becoming a marine biologist. He was immersed in a story about how last winter, the kid had attempted (and almost succeeded) stealing a penguin from a traveling penguin exhibit. Dylan had everyone in fits of laughter, and seated at the bar beside me, he smelled of sand and warmth and a hint of beer. I was acutely aware in that moment that I had never wanted someone as much as I wanted him. I ran through all of the reasons not to do it - he lives in Philly, I am seeing other people, he's an alleged player - but I couldn't get any of those reasons to stick. 

As if he could read my thoughts, his hand slid from the table onto the bench between us and rested on my thigh. I thought I was going to pass out as he slowly slid his hand upwards, stopping where the edge of my bathing suit cover up began. I bit my lip, silently pleading him to keep moving. I shifted my weight slightly towards him and he turned to face me, his lips inches from mine. I wished more than anything that there weren't six other people at the table. 

"Shots!" Ryan said triumphantly, setting down eight shots at the table and effectively breaking the spell between Dylan and me. I could have killed him. Dylan removed his hand and grabbed two shots, handing one to me. We cheersed and downed them - fireball - and decided to mosey outside to the other bar. 

As we walked, I sidled up to Ash and whispered to her, "Do you think it's a bad idea if I hook up with Dylan?"

She grinned in response, "Do you think he wants to?" 

I nodded my head. Unless he thought my thigh was his own, I was pretty sure that was a clear sign. "Do you think it's stupid? Between Keith and Nick and Laura calling him a player.." 

"Forget what she said, you need to form your own opinion of him. Plus, it's not like you're trying to be his girlfriend. So it doesn't even matter. If you want to go for it, go for it girl!" 

"Okay," I said, feeling emboldened by Ashley's encouragement. 

An hour later, whiskey and coke in hand, I was standing next to the bar with Dylan enjoying the breeze from the ocean. The bar was situated in the sand and the live music from inside was filtering out through the doors, the sun having just retreated over the waters edge to go wake up another part of the world.

"So New York, huh?" Dylan said to me, signaling to the bartender for another beer. 

"Yep, me and the ol' apple are celebrating our one year anniversary soon."

"Do you like it?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Enough to stay. I like my job and my friends, and that I can get anything I could possibly want at the drop of a hat. But I miss my family and the outdoors. I don't think I'll live there forever, but it's perfect for right now." 

He nodded in response. "I've always liked the city, a few of my buddies live up there.. I'll have to call you next time I'm in town." 

"Absolutely," I grinned a little too enthusiastically. I was already mentally choosing where we could have our first romantic date.

"Maybe I'll come up soon," he continued, fumbling slightly over his words. It was endearing, seeing such a handsome guy come across so shy. "I'd.. I'd really like to see you again."

"Well I'm right here," I said with a smile.

He stepped in closer to me, his leg finding the space between mine. His hand snaked around my back, lifting me up slightly. "Trust me, I've been very aware of where you've been all day." 

My chest tightened and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. I was waiting eagerly for him to kiss me, but he wasn't moving. I pressed myself into him, inviting him to make a move and he tucked his free hand around my neck, pulling me towards him. 

His kiss sent a thousand chills down my spine. I gasped at the sensation but pressed into him, desperate for more. "Lets get out of here," I managed to say. He nodded and lead me out of the bar, my tiny hand enveloped in his massive one.

We spent the walk home stopping every ten feet to kiss - up against cars and garages - until we finally made it back to our house. I knew everyone else was at the bar still, so we didn't even try to make it up to the room we had slept in. He carried me up one flight of stairs to the kitchen and put me down on the counter, slowly pulling my cover up off. I yanked off his shirt, then his pants and he untied the strings to my bathing suit. Pressing his palm into me he whispered forcefully.

"Spread your legs." I did as I was told, leaning back and groaning loudly as his head dipped between my thighs. Within minutes I was screaming out loud, gripping his hair and arching my back. He stood up, the counter putting me at the perfect height and slowly slid into me. 

"Harder," I gasped, dying to feel him. His hands reached forward and wrapped around my shoulders, pushing me onto him. 

"Oh my god," he groaned, "I've wanted to do this to you all day."

I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him closer. He lifted me up and carried me over to the couch, sitting down with me on top. His hand moved into my hair and the other touched me in just the right spot. I moved up and down until I came, crying out his name. He followed a minute later and we laid side by side on the couch catching our breath. 

"That.. was incredible," he said, breaking the silence. 

"Eh I've had better," I joked, standing up to retrieve our clothes. I tossed him his bathing suit and curled up next to him on the couch. "Should we go back to the bar?" I asked, noticing it was only 10 o'clock.

"No way," he said, pulling me into his lap. "Because at the bar I can't do this." He pulled me in for a long kiss, giving me chills again. I silently hoped that his kisses would always do that, even if it was only for a night. 

18 comments:

  1. SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! i wish that post was even longer. cant wait for wednesdays post. hopefully youll be nice and give us a bonus post even though this one was extra long. <3 love this blog my absolute fav out of all that im reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi:) what other blogs are you following? I'd like to follow more that are similar to this one:)

      Delete
    2. Hi Paradiselockhart, there are various blogs out there, try out
      http://poetsandheartbreakers.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Moderndayfaith.blogspot.com
      crazyadventuresinny.blogspot.com
      Newyorkdixie.blogspot.com
      Minneapplegirl.com
      Lifebyaleah.blogspot.com
      Tragedytwentysomething.blogspot.com
      Hotmessinhighheels.com
      Cranberryvodka9.blogspot.com
      Emmasendeavors.blogspot.com
      Lilysplaylist.blogspot.com
      Highheelshappyhour.blogspot.com
      And of course Lovesexpizza.blogspot.com

      Delete
    4. Oh and surprisinglytheothergirl.blogspot.com :)

      Delete
    5. All great ones! My favorites are love sex pizza & minneapple

      Delete
    6. Looks like Surprisingly isn't posting any more?!? It's been almost two weeks without a post. Too bad, that was an interesting one... This is a great blog- I'm having a blast reading it. Excellent work!

      Delete
    7. I hope she is comming back, i saw a comment from the writher that she will post soon. I love al these ones :) sad LSP is ending.

      Delete
    8. i have one! :)

      http://realityofjaycee.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Great post!! I look forward to reading your story each week - love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to have sex with Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, LOL! I hope he doesn't turn out to be a P.O.S. before all is said & done.

      Delete
  4. Awww I'm definitely rooting for Dani and Dylan now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! I'm glad she moving on from Nick! I hope Dylan doesn't end up resembling Bray in his douchiness! This is one of the best blogs out there! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh my goddd, that was a GREAT post!! I really can't wait to see if he's a good guy or not. I have a feeling he'll be going to see her in NY soon, but that since he's a player, she won't know whether he's seeing other girls.
    Ultimately, the distance between Philly and New York might break it. But this is all just speculation ;)

    http://poetsandheartbreakers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. dylan might be my favorite love interest for dani yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What if the "friends" in New York are Keith?!?!? I still like Nick for her... I know he broke her heart, but in think he's truly realized the error of his ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Trust me, I've been very aware of where you've been all day."
    Drool...from an uber hot guy? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete