Friday, March 21, 2014

Ex with Benefits

Nick stared up at me, but he still didn’t answer my question.

“What are you doing here, Nick?” I repeated, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Where have you been?” he asked, ignoring my question. “I called you twice.”

“I was out to brunch, my phones off,” I replied stepping over his legs and starting to unlock my door. He stood up and brushed invisible dirt off of his pants. I walked into my apartment and he followed. I dropped my keys onto the table by the door, took off my coat and stared at him expectantly, raising my eyebrows.

“I don’t like the way things ended the other night,” he said shrugging. 

“So you show up on my doorstep?” I asked tossing my hands in the air. This was ridiculous. He looked like he had slept in his clothes, and I could smell the alcohol on him from the night before. When he didn’t reply, my anger reached a new high. My good mood from my date with Bray had now completely dissipated. “Look you can’t just show up here okay? I’m not your girlfriend, so when I don’t answer my phone that doesn’t give you the right to storm over here and ask where I’ve been.” I walked over to the door and purposefully held it open. His face hardened and he walked over towards me. I thought he was going to leave, but he placed his hand over mine on the door handle and pushed it closed. I stepped with the door as it shut, and found myself wedged with my back against the door, and Nick’s face inches from mine. 

He didn’t say anything, just looked at me, judging my reaction. When I didn’t speak he leaned his face in the final two inches. I didn’t stop him. His kiss was familiar and urgent and I completely ignored the voice in the back of my head screaming for me to stop. His hands moved down my sides and around my back until they were under my ass. He lifted me up and let the wall support my weight, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I could feel how hard he was through his jeans. We were kissing frantically now, grabbing at each others clothes. I threw his shirt across the room and ran my hands down his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and turned around so that I was now sitting on a bar stool at the kitchen counter. He pulled my jeans off and I thanked myself for shaving my legs and having the good sense to put on a lace thong this morning. His lips found mine again as his hand moved slowly up my left thigh, drawing small circles the closer he got. I moaned into his mouth and I could feel a smile playing at his lips. “Say you want me,” he said into my neck. I made a weak noise in response. This was killing me. He pressed the pads of his fingers into me. “Tell me you want me Dani,” he said again.

“I want you,” I replied gasping. He pulled off my thong and thrust into me. It lasted just long enough for me to orgasm before he finished too, pushing into me one last time. We sat there, tangled up in each other for a minute before I extracted myself and started to put my clothes back on. I sat down on the couch and he came over and sat next to me, me looking ashamed and him looking triumphant. I buried my face in my hands.

“Whyyyyyyyy” I groaned, leaning back. He laughed. 

“Don’t tell me you didn’t miss that,” he said pulling me into his chest. 

“Of course I did, that’s the problem,” I responded, pulling away from him. “You need to go.” I stood up and found his discarded jacket behind the couch. I thrust it into his hands and pointed at the door. 

“Let’s go grab a bite,” he said, unmoving.

“I just had brunch. In fact, it was a date. And now I’m feeling a bit slutty after going on a date with one guy and then banging my ex. So you really, really, need to leave.” He looked a little hurt at my mention of a date, which I secretly took pleasure in. 

Nick stood up and walked towards the door. Just as he was reaching for the handle, he turned back and looked at me. “Turn your phone on,” he said before slipping out the door. 

I reached for my phone and turned it on, watching as the apple glowed on the screen booting up. I debated whether or not I should tell Ashley, and decided against it for the moment. I threw my phone onto the bed and went to change out of my dirty sex clothes. Two men in one day, who was I? 

An hour later, my phone went off. It was Nick. 

If I show up with chinese and a chick flick tonight, will you let me in?

I rolled my eyes. As much as I wanted sesame chicken right now, I was not going to make what happened this afternoon a regular occurrence. 

I’ll let the chinese in, but you and Katherine Heigl will have to wait outside. 

When he didn’t reply ten minutes later, I worried he wasn’t going to think I was serious. I sent another text.

Seriously though Nick, don’t come over. What happened today is not going to happen again. 

I chewed on the inside of my cheek waiting for his response, ashamed to admit the flips that my stomach did seeing his name on my screen.

Famous last words was all he wrote back. 

I grabbed my laptop and decided to spruce up my resume. Kristen had finally gotten back to me on Friday about the job she had mentioned, and I had an interview lined up for this Thursday. The position she described seemed like one part event planner, two parts social media and I was definitely intrigued. This spring was all about new beginnings for me.

13 comments:

  1. I read quite a few blogs and never comment, I'm a ghoster. But am compelled to comment on this blog cuz I'm kinda obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterMarch 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM

      Hottest looking ghost I've seen in a while!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Lisa! So glad to hear :)

      Delete
  2. I wish Dani would give Nick a chance. I really wanna hear more about their backstory, their breakup and Nick trying to get back in her life. Great post, I've been hanging out for it since Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be much more about their past! Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  3. That was very interesting!! Maybe Nick has learned his lesson or maybe not. I am all about forgiveness but not a door mat. Let Nick do all the work like you would want any other guy to do and see where it leads.....bray sounds good as well. Keep your options open.
    Good luck on interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterMarch 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM

    Exes that won't go away and do the dirty quite well are hard to get away from. Hope Dani keeps her resolve and makes this a brand new Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Possibly found this blog at the most perfect time, I am a PSU Ad major and I am scheduling at midnight, so catching up on this blog will keep me occupied until then. I have read a few posts so far and love the story. Can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I remember those days. Hope you get all of your classes!

      Delete
  6. don't let your opportunity pass you by, so that you will also have story to shear. I never believed in Love Spells or Magics until I experience heart brake. The man in my life left me 3 weeks to our weeding ceremony will live together for 5 years and i really love him so much he left me for another woman with no excuse when i called him he never picked up my phone calls and he don’t want to see me around him, i was so confuse about my life. i make all effort for him to com back i was looking for help moving from church to churches there was no help for me. on till i came across testimony about dr kubam testify good about him. that he can do all such of casting restored broken relationship and cure different type of diseases, due to his good work they testify about him, i also contact him for help. and he only told me to send my man details, and after the incantation he told me that there is woman who has done some charms over my husband and that is the reason why he left me. Dr told me he will help me to cast a spell that will bring him back to me in the next 2 days. at first i was doubting but i just gave him a try. In the next 2 days, my man called me that he s coming home i was shocked this is unbelievable it was like a dream to me that my man called me that he is coming home, he truly came. and came to me apologizing, I was so surprise that he came back to me again but now i am happy he’s back and we got married and live as husband and wife. dr kubam is a powerful caster he make my enemies not to come over me you can also contact him for help his email. kubamcure@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete